Italy is a European country that is constantly ranked among the top five countries in terms of economic development. People are eager to emigrate here. The prospect of obtaining Italy residency attracts many people. The Italian Republic is famous for its rich culture and historical heritage. Many snow-white beaches, fantastic architecture, smiling people, and delicious cuisine exist. The state regularly modernizes all branches of food, metallurgical, petrochemical, and engineering industries. The country has also taken its place since the founding of the European Union and NATO and has been its part for a long time.
To make the country develop rapidly, the government has documented several reforms that help attract foreign investors. Thanks to residency programs, all those who have lived for at least 90 days in the territory of this country can apply to get a special permit.
Short Stay Visas
Italy is truly a dream country. It attracts a large number of foreigners every year. It would be best if you familiarized yourself with the types of Italy Residence Visa to become the owner of a long-awaited document for a short stay in this state:
- tourist (for citizens who wish to visit the country for vacation or tourism for 90 days);
- visitor’s (issued to persons who have received an invitation from an Italian citizen);
- business (authorization for those who visit the country to negotiate legal business activities);
- transit (if your itinerary is to pass through the Italian territory);
- medical (issued to persons who, for health reasons, have planned to undergo treatment or a recovery course in the country).
According to Elena Ruda, Immigrant Invest’s leading expert in special permits in leading countries, short-stay visas are in demand among investors who want to know the country’s customs and mentality.
Long Stay Visas (National Visas)
One of the most coveted Italian D-category documents is the national certificate of long stay on the state territory. Of course, it is not a certificate for visiting Schengen countries. This visa provides a legal stay for foreigners for an unlimited time. The primary condition for holders of this permit is compliance with the law and not crossing the Schengen zone. The national document stipulates the following types of visas:
- work (persons who have been approved can work in Italy with full rights);
- student (necessary for those who wish to study in the territory of the Italian Republic);
- family (provided for foreigners who want to join their relatives who have an Italian passport or Italy residence permit after a long time);
All of the above options will give you the right to live, study, work, and enjoy all the benefits offered to all newly arrived foreigners.
Special Residence Visas
You should obtain a special RP document to join the 2 million foreigners who have realized their dream and are staying in one of the most sought-after countries in the world. The leading country in terms of GDP in Europe attracts owners of large sums of money with the opportunity to conduct profitable activities with the prospect of obtaining one of Italy Residence Visa. Therefore, many foreigners are interested in all the nuances and conditions of the programs. As for Italy residence permit types, they can be:
- for financially independent persons who do not plan to work on the territory of the state and have an income of at least 31 thousand euros per year per person;
- for investors who wish to invest at least 250,000 euros in the economy of the country;
- for citizens with a valid visa who need to reunite with family members (spouses, children, parents over 65 years old).
There are requirements for holders of the coveted document, which gives them a chance to reside in Italy legally and continuously for at least five years.
Process and required documents for Obtaining an Italian Residence Visa
Before applying for special status, foreigners should undergo data verification and consent to data processing. Then, you will need to collect a package of personal documents such as:
- passport-size photos;
- foreign and civil passport;
- Nulla Osta certificate;
- completed visa application form;
- receipts for payment of all required fees;
- health insurance;
- bank statements of current financial status;
- ticket or reservation to the country;
- document of the basis of relocation.
All of the above PR papers must be original and copies notarized. Applications must also be completed in black ink and in large capital letters. On average, the execution of documents and all relevant permits takes 1–2 months. These include all registration and government fees that must be paid during the duration of the program. When applying for Italian citizenship, you need to provide all checks and documents that show compliance with the rules established by state law.
All types of Italy residency depend solely on the applicant’s goals and reasons. Immigrants from other countries, in the future, will have the opportunity to enjoy all the privileges of the status of a European citizen and enjoy life in one of the leading countries in the world. Immigrant Invest’s leading specialists will provide a full consultation according to your wishes and requirements. The best experts in the field of emigration are at your service with further support and preparation of the required documents.