There are many ways to endure the prolonged lifespan of cladding materials, but nothing beats proper cleaning and maintenance. Therefore, owners must learn the best tips for cleaning and maintaining their panels.
This article provides simple yet crucial tips for washing and maintaining aluminium cladding panels.
What Are the Tips for Cleaning Aluminium Cladding Panels Effectively?
Proper cleaning of the external sidings requires adequate knowledge of the tools you need and the methods for effective cleaning.
When it comes to the tools you need for cleaning, there are a few you need to add to the checklist. They include:
- A bucket
- Cleaning brushes (ensure the bristles are soft)
- Pressure washers or garden hose
- Cleaning solution (usually a mix of water and mild detergent works)
- A more potent cleaning agent in the case of more robust and stubborn stains
Tips for Cleaning:
Before cleaning the cladding panels, test the cleaning solution first. This is done by applying the solution to a small region of the façade. This will help monitor the effects of the cleaning agents, and if they prove too harsh, you can easily find alternatives.
Other tips/steps to follow include:
- Always start by rinsing the panels with the pressure washer to remove debris before cleaning.
- Mixing of cleaning solution should be done according to instructions for safety reasons.
- Scrubbing should be done with soft brushes to avoid peeling and damage to the panels.
- More effort should be used on stubborn stains.
- Rinse appropriately after scrubbing with a garden hose or pressure washer from top to bottom. This helps remove the excess cleaning agents.
How Do You Maintain Aluminium Cladding Panels for Longer Life?
Cleaning in itself isn’t enough to guarantee a long-lasting facade. You must also understand how to properly maintain cladding boards to get the best out of them. With that in mind, here are a few tips and tricks for preserving aluminium cladding panels.
- The obvious first tip is to clean your panels regularly. So learning to clean is excellent, but it’ll all be for nothing if you don’t do it regularly.
- When cleaning the panels, use only gentle cleaning agents that remove stains or rust and nothing else. In other words, avoid using harsh chemicals that could scratch the boards and only lead to further damage.
- Regular cleaning should be paired with routine inspection of the cladding panels. This will help spot any damage on time. The earlier the issues are identified, the shorter it takes to eliminate them and prevent an increase.
- When it comes to surrounding vegetation, keep them trimmed and as far from the panels as possible. This will ensure that debris from trees and so on doesn’t end up on the surfaces of these panels.
In the same way efforts and time is put into cleaning and maintaining valuables like cars, furniture, and so on, care should be taken to keep the aluminium cladding panels clean and damage-free. The better you are at maintaining your panels, the better their functionality.